Relocation and restoration of the Morton Depot has been a 20 year dream of the Historical Society. Built in 1910, the two story frame building is one of the last of this type of Milwaukee stations in existence today. The advent of the train opened the area to commerce and economic prosperity as well as travel.
The depot exterior restoration project is completed. The depot looks like it did in 1910.
The return of the Trains and the Restoration of the Depot encourages the business development as the traffic increases. Although Grants have been obtained, matching funds are required. The Morton Depot is owned by the Cowlitz River Valley Historical Society (501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation) and is eligible for the Historic Registry.